Search this website:
Object / Craft Art
Radio, Television, Film
General / Other
"Music" covers copyright owned by songwriters, composers, musicians and recording studios among others.
Frequently Asked Questions
: Can I report copyright infringements to the Copyright Council?
Names & titles
- Can I get copyright protection for my band name?
- How can I register my copyright and how much does it cost?
- How can I prove I am the copyright owner?
- Does copyright protect my ideas?
- What is the standard form of copyright notice?
- If my work is inspired by an existing work, is my work protected by copyright?
- Is my work protected by copyright overseas?
Karaoke business owner jailed for copyright infringement
Reporting Copyright Infringement
Copyright, contract and the commissioning rule
NZ Movie Pirate Sentenced to Two Years Imprisonment
Copyright for sound recordings
Infringement of copyright: what should I do?
Songwriters & composers
An introduction to copyright in New Zealand
Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Act 2008
Independent Music New Zealand (IMNZ)
Recorded Music NZ
Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI)
Copyright in New Zealand
© Copyright Council of New Zealand 2006-2018. All rights reserved. Please read our
Terms & Conditions
Website designed by
and driven by