Search this website:
"Individuals" covers individual users of copyright material, including librarians, musicians, photographers and producers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I print or download material from the Internet?
- Can I use someone else’s work in my work if I alter at least 10% of it?
- Can I translate a book into another language without permission?
Research or private study
- Do I need to acknowledge the source when I copy an extract for research or private study?
- Can I put copyright material on a website without the copyright owner’s permission?
- I’ve bought a CD and my friend wants to burn a copy. Is this allowed?
- Can I include images of artistic works in my film?
- I am making a film and want to include music on the sound track. Do I need to get permission?
- Can I include quotes from literary works in my film?
- Do I need permission to write a screen play based on someone else’s novel?
- Can I record a television program to watch at a later date?
- Do I need permission to make copies of a photograph I own?
- Do I need permission to photograph a building?
- Do I need permission to upload a copy of a photo onto my website?
- Are logos on product packaging protected by copyright?
- What does “public domain” refer to?
- Is everything on the Internet in the public domain?
Moral rights - Artist’s integrity right backed by Indian court
Reporting Copyright Infringement
Commissioning rule to be repealed
The Commissioning Rule - Second discussion paper
Digital review of Copyright Act 1994
Copyright, contract and the commissioning rule
How to find copyright owners
Getting permission to use copyright material
Songwriters & composers
An introduction to copyright in New Zealand
Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Act 2008
Video Assocation of New Zealand (VANZ)
The Library & Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa: Te Rau Herenga o Aotearoa (LIANZA)
Advertising & Illustrative Photographers Association (AIPA)
New Zealand Writers Guild
New Zealand Film Commission
Copyright Licensing New Zealand (CLNZ)
Copyright in New Zealand
© Copyright Council of New Zealand 2006-2018. All rights reserved. Please read our
Terms & Conditions
Website designed by
and driven by